Sausage Stuffers (Parts, Types, and Tips) - Meat Processing Equipment 206

• I have borrowed several sausage suffers without concern, I recently found a used one for cheap and got what I paid for. I had to put my whole body weight on the crank handle with a 32mm tube for hamburger. Now I am looking to find a 10lb+ capacity stuffer that is easy to crank and I don’t have to fill it as often.

How is the Walton’s brand stuffer? Are there others you love that are easy to crank meat into a 16mm snack stick casing? Should I buy a smaller stuffer for snack sticks? Any experience is appreciated.

• Team Orange Power User Canning Masterbuilt Regular Contributors Veteran New Mexico Sous Vide

Dover The Walton’s 11LB stuffer is a very good stuffer. Because it has a small diameter plate it is a good stuffer for snack sticks, although 16 mm is smaller than I have stuffed with mine (19 mm is what I use), I think it would handle the 16 mm casings if the meat was cold with the right amount of water added.

• Military Veterans Sous Vide Canning Traeger Regular Contributors Power User Arizona

Dover said in Sausage Stuffers (Parts, Types, and Tips) - Meat Processing Equipment 206:

How is the Walton’s brand stuffer? Are there others you love that are easy to crank meat into a 16mm snack stick casing? Should I buy a smaller stuffer for snack sticks? Any experience is appreciated.

Welcome! I see this is your first post! Let me advise you of something I myself missed when I first came here: even though the site is “Meatgistics” and looks on first glance to be a universal sausage for um, it is actually a community developed and hosted/run by Walton’s Inc. It’s an easy mistake to make if you come to Meatgistics from a google search, I didn’t realize it was a company myself for over a week. Anyways, because of that, this is probably NOT the place to ask about other, competing stuffer brands.

Now, that is just fine though, because Walton’s does in fact have great products, and is an incredibly customer-satisfaction oriented company. Also they have some good prices, and great sales!

So, the 11lb stuffer is exactly what I would recommend. It will do snack sticks and has a good gear ratio for it.

The guy in most videos, Jonathon , is a Walton’s employee and has a ton of great info and videos on the site, and you will not find a better company to purchase equipment and supplies from, and know that you will always be treated fair and square. Trust me, if you don’t want to be one of those guys posting 1 star reviews on Amazon, get that 11lb stuffer here 😉

If you watch some of the videos on Meatgistics, the 11 lb stuffer is what they use for most. It does do 16mm sticks, but you probably need a 10mm tube if you go that small, and add enough water.

There were some great sales around Thanksgiving, but I think they are over for now.

• Team Blue Power User Traeger Primo Grills PK Grills Canning Sous Vide Community Moderator Kansas

As has been mentioned above the 11# stuff from Walton’s is what you want. It’s the most recommended stuffer for doing snack sticks. Walton’s stands behind their products as well so purchase without fear.

• Thank you all for your help! I appreciate the feedback and will purchase my stuffer here with confidence.

• I have only made sausage once and I made a batch of Morcilla and once ppl heard it was blood sausage, I enjoyed them all myself. I need to do more research on making both snack sticks as well as different varieties of sausages and brats.

IMG_8617 copy.jpeg

IMG_8620 copy.jpeg IMG_8622 copy.jpeg

• I have the 30 # stuffer and just purchased the 12mm tube to do 19mm snack sticks I am have ing trouble cranking the stuffer and I am worried about causing gear problems any ideas?

• Team Orange Power User Canning Masterbuilt Regular Contributors Veteran New Mexico Sous Vide

toddwesterberg12 You would need to add more liquid to stuff with that big of stuffer and make sure the meat is cold. That is why many recommend the 11lb stuffer from Walton’s, it has the smaller diameter cylinder that makes stuffing smaller casings easier.

• Team Blue

bocephus Never thought about it since I’ve always used a smaller suffer but that makes sense. You can merge the same number of cars from a two lane highway to a one lane efficiently while going from 4 to 1 Lane causes backups

• Didn’t think about the size of the stuff I’m already adding plenty of liquid but it makes sense and now more money for Waltons! Thanks

Suggested Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltons.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today. We have created Meagistics University, where we broke down meat processing into different categories and then broke it down into a class like structure. The introductory classes are 10s, the intermediate are 20s, and advanced are 30s.

About Walton's

Walton's Inc. sells meat processing equipment and supplies, including all of the Seasoning, Equipment, Supplies, Packaging, and Casings needed to make almost any type of sausage. Walton's sells to the commercial customer with a focus on the small to medium-sized processing plants or butcher shops, and directly to the hunter or processor who makes their own product at home. Whether you are a commercial or retail customer of Walton's you will be receiving the exact same seasoning and supplies, we do not have a different "line" for commercial and retail customers so that everyone can make the best sausage or jerky possible!

Community Statistics

Users

Topics