• Team Blue

OK I will look at the next one and hope its in good shape. Are these units bead blasted or dement coated. If they are dement coated, are food safe? I’m familiar with industrial and marine dement coating and don’t believe that process is food safe. Could you let me know? Thank You Jason

• Team Blue

Well I survived Hurricane Zeta’s 114 mph winds. I was just checking in to see if ya’ll received the mixer that was shipped back. I tried to wrap the paddle part in newspaper but I didn’t have enough to due the job, so I just put it in the tank and packed as best I could. I hope to hear back soon. We are starting to get cooler weather here and my brother has 11 pigs and we want to kill a few pretty soon and I will need that mixer. I have a 20 lb. and I don’t want to be tag teaming on the crank on the mixer. I ordered the 50 lb. to us the motor on my #22 grinder I bought from ya’ll a while back. I had my shoulder rebuilt last February and I really don’t want to give it that much of a workout, its doing really good right now and I would hate to mess it up. Thank You Jason

• Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

jason.neucere I havent seen it yet and I asked to be alerted when it came in. Do you have your replacement yet? Let me know if not and I will make sure it is sent out asap. Glad you survived the 114 mph winds, thats insane!

• Team Blue

The tree branches were breaking everywhere. My neighbor across the street has or had a tree in his back yard that was very old. The trunk was about four feet in diameter. I was watching out the front windows out on our screened in front porch when the eyewall of the storm got to us, shingles from all the houses were flying all over my neighborhood. The screen on my front porch was getting hit by the shingles tearing holes all over. We had Our roof covered by shingles rated for 130 mph so we lost only few shingles in two spots. We did that because we were tired of having to recover our roof to often. Every few years we would get hit by a storm we would half to recover the whole roof. Back to that hugh tree my neighbor had, It was swinging back and forth like it was a twig. It was one of tallest trees in the neighborhood. I used shoot birds out the top of it when I was a kid, I’m 57 yrs. old right now, so the tree was really old but not rotten or anything. As I watch it swinging back and forth nearly disappearing behind his house it swung real far all of a sudden and didn’t stop, it went down. Then about ten or fifthteen minutes later the wind died down,we were in the eye of the storm. The sun even came out for a few minutes. I went outside to see the damaged. That tree that went down, it broke at the trunk. It didn’t pull out the roots like most trees that fall over. The neighborhood was outside looking at the damage. The storm was on the 28th of last month. We still have people without power because of all the poles down. We were on generator power till Sunday night. Our cable and internet is still on generator power because where the grid is powered there is still no power, so sometime we lose cable and internet because the generator runs out of gas. Well lets get back to the mixer. I was going threw my emails last night, so I was checking to see if ya’ll had received the other mixer. Then further down my emails I came across the email from ya’ll that I should get a shipment tomorrow. So Thank you very much. Jason

• Canning Dry Cured Sausage Primo Grills Team Blue Sous Vide Power User Cast Iron

jason.neucere Having lived on the Gulf Coast all my life, I know just how much one’s life can change within hours. Been there, done that. Prayers for you and your neighbors to heal from this. What I do know from experience is that people facing such storms are particularly resilient and will always come back

• Team Blue

THank You I’m getting ready to see if I can find some shingles to repair my roof. Thank You everybody Jason

• mccullen said in Meat Mixer:

Parksider
    Years ago we picked up a 20 qt Hobart mixer, it makes life easier, cost was $200 at a auction and all the toys came with it!! We use the dough hook to mix all our meat, it holds 25 pounds which for us is perfect for our batches!! The Holbart was made in the 60’s and we have had it 20 years with no problems 😜😜

• Power User Cast Iron Canning Green Mountain Grill

Is there an ending to this story?

• Team Blue Canning

@dennyo said in Meat Mixer:

Is there an ending to this story?

Nope. Around here things tend to go on forever. Just when you think a thread died someone comes along and asks a question…or adds a meaningless comment. 🙂

• Power User Cast Iron Canning Green Mountain Grill

And then there those,

Suggested Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltons.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today. We have created Meagistics University, where we broke down meat processing into different categories and then broke it down into a class like structure. The introductory classes are 10s, the intermediate are 20s, and advanced are 30s.

About Walton's

Walton's Inc. sells meat processing equipment and supplies, including all of the Seasoning, Equipment, Supplies, Packaging, and Casings needed to make almost any type of sausage. Walton's sells to the commercial customer with a focus on the small to medium-sized processing plants or butcher shops, and directly to the hunter or processor who makes their own product at home. Whether you are a commercial or retail customer of Walton's you will be receiving the exact same seasoning and supplies, we do not have a different "line" for commercial and retail customers so that everyone can make the best sausage or jerky possible!

Community Statistics

Users

Topics