• Planning on stuffing some Hawaiian snack sticks tonight (pork & pineapple) and smoking them tomorrow morning. It will most likely be about 8 hours between when I finishing stuffing them tonight and when I start the smoker in the morning. I know you normally would add encapsulated citric acid if going straight from stuffing to smoking but in my situation with an 8 hour delay what would you recommend? I will be using the normal cure with my maple seasoning tonight when I mix and stuff them.

• Team Orange

I don’t imagine ECA would complement that sweet flavor profile very well but that is just my personal opinion. Do some of each and see what you like best and report back to group.

• Yearling

Hawkeye I’d like to see your recipe for your snack sticks with the pineapple and venison. Would like to give it a try.

Suggested Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltons.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today. We have created Meagistics University, where we broke down meat processing into different categories and then broke it down into a class like structure. The introductory classes are 10s, the intermediate are 20s, and advanced are 30s.

About Walton's

Walton's Inc. sells meat processing equipment and supplies, including all of the Seasoning, Equipment, Supplies, Packaging, and Casings needed to make almost any type of sausage. Walton's sells to the commercial customer with a focus on the small to medium-sized processing plants or butcher shops, and directly to the hunter or processor who makes their own product at home. Whether you are a commercial or retail customer of Walton's you will be receiving the exact same seasoning and supplies, we do not have a different "line" for commercial and retail customers so that everyone can make the best sausage or jerky possible!

Community Statistics

Users

Topics