Alaskan Mountain Goat Summer Sausage and Snack Sticks

• Regular Contributors

Did my first batch of Summer Sausage and Snack Sticks with Alaskan Mountain Goat. At first I was hesitant to use Wild Goat meat for sausage but was assured by my friends it was great meat so off I went. We made 25 lbs of summer sausage and 25 lbs of snack sticks and it turned out great. I have found that if the meat is properly taken care of and you are making a smoked cured product you can not tell the difference between, Elk, Moose, Venison, Caribou and now Mountain Goat. I am going to try black bear this spring, BUTTT I will be Especially sure it has been frozen at the right temperature for the required amount of time and that it is cooked to 160 degrees as trichinosis is very prevalent in bears in Alaska. Also I would never try to make anything out of Caribou that was in the Rut as you cannot get rid of the Smell.

• Sous Vide Dry Cured Sausage Traeger Team Blue

Wild mountain goat!!! (Insert head exploding). That is awesome BUT pictures or it didn’t happen LOL!!! Seriously I would love to see what the meat looks like. I have never played with wild goat meat before

• Regular Contributors

I Was totally surprised looked like any other animal I boned only this one had lots more fat to trim

Suggested Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltons.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today. We have created Meagistics University, where we broke down meat processing into different categories and then broke it down into a class like structure. The introductory classes are 10s, the intermediate are 20s, and advanced are 30s.

About Walton's

Walton's Inc. sells meat processing equipment and supplies, including all of the Seasoning, Equipment, Supplies, Packaging, and Casings needed to make almost any type of sausage. Walton's sells to the commercial customer with a focus on the small to medium-sized processing plants or butcher shops, and directly to the hunter or processor who makes their own product at home. Whether you are a commercial or retail customer of Walton's you will be receiving the exact same seasoning and supplies, we do not have a different "line" for commercial and retail customers so that everyone can make the best sausage or jerky possible!

Community Statistics

Users

Topics