So what ever happened to Dr_Pain (Claude)??

• Sous Vide Dry Cured Sausage Traeger Team Blue

johnsbrewhouse said in So what ever happened to Dr_Pain (Claude)??:

calldoctoday Have a video appointment with my primary care ARNP for digestive problem and follow up on embolism. Hopefully she will get me off the blood thinner. Prefer the video since Omicron and the flu are running rampant here.

I know what you mean with telehealth visit. Since getting out of the hospital I have limited myself to going to church and riding in the car. Prayers for your recovery and hope you can get off the blood thinner

twilliams said in So what ever happened to Dr_Pain (Claude)??:

Dr_Pain I have always had gut and bowel problems, it’s like a steep roller coaster. It goes from pooing small hard pebbles with pain like a rabbit to diarrhea with nauseous gut and pain, my family doctor just seemed to blow it off. I finally complained so much about it 3 years ago he finally agreed to do a colonoscopy at age 44. They found nothing but two small polyps that they removed. Yes I do not eat the greatest so it’s partially my fault but food is just so yummy I can’t kick the habit so I just deal with it. Just like my aches and pains muscular and bone/ joints, back and hips mostly. I have been told I have irritable bowel syndrome and gastrointestinal disease. He gave me dicyclomine that I haven’t taken forever, I am terrible at remembering to take pills. I am also currently on omeprozole for heartburn and acid reflux. Chocolate and Mountain Dew is probably the two worst things that make it react along with spicy foods. I think I have gained so much weight that it is just pushing so much on my innerds and creating havoc. I’m glad you are moving in the right direction and we will be right here with you in the coming months and years.

We can count our blessings that we don’t live near Chef LOL! Our diets would be shot.

The good thing about your story is that there does not seem to be a structural or mechanical reasoning for your pain and bowel issues. It is sad that you have to push your doctor to run test but as the expression goes “The squeaky wheel gets the grease”. Making life changes with our love of food (unhealthy foods) is so hard. The two vice you mentioned are mine as well, or I should say were!

I’m sorry you have to deal with your inconsistency with your GI system which causes pain/nausea as well. I’ll add you to my prayer list. I have plenty time these days to pray for people.

• Team Blue Regular Contributors Traeger Power User Veteran Sous Vide Canning

Dr_Pain She told me I could probably go off the blood thinner but to resume the low dose aspirin. I have to go pick up a fecal specimen kit tomorrow to find out if I have some sort of bacterial infection in my gut, good news though the GI office finally gave me my results from my Cologuard after 3 months and a hardy reminder, negative. So, no more lower checks for another 10 years, know they will want to be doing an upper endoscopy here in the future I am sure.

• Power User Cast Iron Canning Green Mountain Grill

Dr_Pain
    Claude, Dear sole what you must have endured. I can imagine but not to the extent that you have. I too have a belly scar, mine extends just a bit higher up about an inch below my sternum to below my waist line. I had a tumor on my appendix. it was removed and then 18 days later after my appendix attack I had to have a bowel resection to ensure that they had it all. Dr. Jenkins knew my brother died of Hodgkin’s Disease @17, he was the oldest of 4. Doc didn’t want our family to lose another. I’m the youngest and the best looking, (winkie, winkie).

I was 20 then, 67 now. And now I call it a zipper, LOL, @ 30 I had to have it reopened again when my newborn and only born was just 2 month old. Obstructed bowel, 8 locations. That was one of my one month stays, I’ve had a couple. I am on first name basis with my surgeons, I’ve got to know most of them Very well. Yes I give them the respect “Doctor” that they have trained for and deserve but with anyone that has been that personal with me to be inside of me we ARE on 1st name basis. LOL snicker, snicker, snort, snort.

Any hoot kind Sir, I an glad you are on the mend! I look back at all my stays and surgerys and if I had to do it all over again, it would be the same. Biggest reason is what each and every one of then has taught me! Many, many adjectives could be inserted here but it is just about the lessons that my travels have opened my eyes up to.

I soak up your travel in life like a sponge and very much appreciate you telling your story.

God bless,
    DennyO

GWG8541 said in So what ever happened to Dr_Pain (Claude)??:

Dr_Pain wow Claude, that is a journey, thank you for sharing. Your inspiration and tenacity is something. I know everyone in this community is happy to see you come out on the other side of this. I have personally never endured anything like what you have been through, but have family who have had similar medical episodes. I know your career is weighing on you, but please continue to take care of yourself. I do believe that God will open another door when one is closed. It sounds like we also have something in common other than Meatgistics, we both married up. I am glad you are still with us to help us all navigate this thing we all call life. Get well my friend.

I wish I could take the credit for “wanting” to be inspirational. I was trusted head first into an unknown and just sharing the story so that no-one reading it take for granted preventative medicine. Obviously from reading some of the posts I am quite saddened by the state of “caring” of some on our medical professional but that is where having the ability to choose shines.

It is so nice to be back. The only problem I have with being back though is I want to try and cook everything I see and being on a 10 lbs restriction, I can’t even pick up some of my cooking pots, my food processor or stand mixer… let alone my grinder.

HAHAHA, Married up is an understatement. Glad we have that in common and glad we both recognize the blessing our spouse bring into our lives

mrobisr said in So what ever happened to Dr_Pain (Claude)??:

What a ride you went on, thanks for the update glad you are back. I will leave you with this thought, always remember as you are walking through the valley of death that you are walking and not camping in that valley and you can only walk so far before you climb the peak and reach the mountain top.

Look at you! You will the pictorial analogy o the day, maybe of the year. I am DEFINITELY not planning on camping. Some of you know that I suffer from PTSD (non-combat related). I have been in counseling for more than 6 years….weekly at times and monthly at times. These day it is bi-weekly because of the remnants of the hospital psychosis. It is one step at a time as I am walking through the valley of the shadow of death. Thank you for your thoughts and best wishes. It is with people like you that I will keep my eyes focus on the light

Jonathon said in So what ever happened to Dr_Pain (Claude)??:

Dr_Pain We chatted a little off line but those pics look so much like what happened to my brother! I actually sent him this link to look at! Incredibly thankful that you pulled through, as we have said, us Tremblays are hard to kill!!! Glad to have you back, take your time with everything, regain your strength!

It is definitely hard to kill bad weeds LOL!. It was a nice chat and your care package and my achievement rewards with my community name came at the absolute perfect time. I really appreciate it!! It is crazy that your real life brother and your online brother suffered almost the same issue. I hope to hear from him so I can see his travels. It may be great inspiration and focus as I am traveling a path he already went through

johnsbrewhouse said in So what ever happened to Dr_Pain (Claude)??:

Dr_Pain She told me I could probably go off the blood thinner but to resume the low dose aspirin. I have to go pick up a fecal specimen kit tomorrow to find out if I have some sort of bacterial infection in my gut, good news though the GI office finally gave me my results from my Cologuard after 3 months and a hardy reminder, negative. So, no more lower checks for another 10 years, know they will want to be doing an upper endoscopy here in the future I am sure.

That’s some great new (blood thinner and colonoscopy). Have they checked you for H-pylori?? I know my father had GI issues for years (and does continue having issues) but once they treated the H-pylori bacteria stuff he was a lot better. How good is cologuard in detecting stuff?? They had suggested it to me before I decided to do the colonoscopy.

@dennyo said in So what ever happened to Dr_Pain (Claude)??:

Dr_Pain
    Claude, Dear sole what you must have endured. I can imagine but not to the extent that you have. I too have a belly scar, mine extends just a bit higher up about an inch below my sternum to below my waist line. I had a tumor on my appendix. it was removed and then 18 days later after my appendix attack I had to have a bowel resection to ensure that they had it all. Dr. Jenkins knew my brother died of Hodgkin’s Disease @17, he was the oldest of 4. Doc didn’t want our family to lose another. I’m the youngest and the best looking, (winkie, winkie).

I was 20 then, 67 now. And now I call it a zipper, LOL, @ 30 I had to have it reopened again when my newborn and only born was just 2 month old. Obstructed bowel, 8 locations. That was one of my one month stays, I’ve had a couple. I am on first name basis with my surgeons, I’ve got to know most of them Very well. Yes I give them the respect “Doctor” that they have trained for and deserve but with anyone that has been that personal with me to be inside of me we ARE on 1st name basis. LOL snicker, snicker, snort, snort.

Any hoot kind Sir, I an glad you are on the mend! I look back at all my stays and surgerys and if I had to do it all over again, it would be the same. Biggest reason is what each and every one of then has taught me! Many, many adjectives could be inserted here but it is just about the lessons that my travels have opened my eyes up to.

I soak up your travel in life like a sponge and very much appreciate you telling your story.

God bless,
    DennyO

Holy Cow DennyO!!! I am glad you shared your story because it shows me that there is a brighter side to all this. I think in terms of intense extensive surgery that you win the cake. I may have a crumb in the fact that I had some side-effects/complications but I could not imagine being slip open from sternum down. In comparison to your zipper, mine starts 4” below my sternum and ends 1” above the pubic bone. It does not look like it from the picture but I just measured it. Still nothing compared to yours! I wonder if you were to take todays techniques and apply them when you had surgery if they would have cut you open or if they would have done it arthroscopically!!! In any case, thanks for the thoughts and best wishes!! Glad to be back interacting with you guys

• Team Blue Regular Contributors Traeger Power User Veteran Sous Vide Canning

Dr_Pain Cologuard is good for checking for cancerous and precancerous materials coming through the bowel. I am also enrolled in a study through Cologuard and the Mayo Clinic regarding the product. Since there is no real history of cancer in my family and 2 scopes in 1o years, plus the gastric sleeve they have decided unless testing or problems warrant another scope won’t be warranted for 5 years. As far as the H-Pylori, yes that is what they are going to look at, along with several other bacteria’s that could be presenting problems. I am currently on the BRAT (banana, rice, applesauce, toast) diet and it seems to be working right now to keep things in.

• Team Blue Power User Regular Contributors

Dr_Pain If you have only helped one single person, you have helped a multitude.

calldoctoday said in So what ever happened to Dr_Pain (Claude)??:

Here Hear!! (do you see what I did?)

@dennyo I can’t hear a thing. Help me out.

• Team Blue Cast Iron Dry Cured Sausage Masterbuilt Veteran Sous Vide Power User Regular Contributors

Dr_Pain man that’s one helI of a ride. Glad you pulled through. Here’s to a speedy recovery and a smooth reversal when the time comes. Hang in there bud.

calldoctoday
    DennyO I can’t hear a thing. Help me out.

“Do You Hear What I Hear?” “If you have only helped one single person, you have helped a multitude.” It rang in my head of the Christmas song, that was meant to spread unto the world, a word of joy and hope!
    link text
    Even thou the actual song was out of actual context to the birth of our Lord, none the less,

calldoctoday
    Am I going to fast for ya? sincker, snicker, snort ;<)

@dennyo OK, I’m known for being a little slow some days. Thanks for the update.

@dennyo OK, I’m known for being a little slow some days. Thanks for the update.

No worries kind chef, I know that most of the time my humor and thoughts needs to sink in for a bit.

Well most of the the time quite a bit.

Enough said.

Ok let it go and let it die there.Lol

@dennyo No problem what so ever. I am known for being slow some days, you are ok. My humor can be pretty dry at times as well. I just did not intend it on this one & did not catch the connection on it at all initially.

• Team Blue Cast Iron Sous Vide Canning Dry Cured Sausage Masterbuilt Military Veterans Power User Regular Contributors

Dr_Pain
    “It is one step at a time”

And how do we eat the elephant…

Suggested Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltons.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today. We have created Meagistics University, where we broke down meat processing into different categories and then broke it down into a class like structure. The introductory classes are 10s, the intermediate are 20s, and advanced are 30s.

About Walton's

Walton's Inc. sells meat processing equipment and supplies, including all of the Seasoning, Equipment, Supplies, Packaging, and Casings needed to make almost any type of sausage. Walton's sells to the commercial customer with a focus on the small to medium-sized processing plants or butcher shops, and directly to the hunter or processor who makes their own product at home. Whether you are a commercial or retail customer of Walton's you will be receiving the exact same seasoning and supplies, we do not have a different "line" for commercial and retail customers so that everyone can make the best sausage or jerky possible!

Community Statistics

Users

Topics