• Big Green Egg Team Blue Regular Contributors Cast Iron Power User

Tex_77 that is a great idea.

• Regular Contributors Power User

I think that keeping a close association between the Walton’s and Meatgistics goes a long way in promoting both brands. I learned about Meatgistics through the Walton’s web site.
    I am guessing the majority of Meatgistics users fit one or more of these profiles: Home processors, Foodies, Hunters, Cooks, Livestock Producers, and DIYers. If you want to grow the Meatgistics community, you may want think about new ways to do a couple of things :

1. What is the best way target the above-group of folks who are not aware of Meatgistics in print and on-line media. i.e. advertising in other print and on line publications that serve the interests of these groups.
    2. Think of new ways to give Meatgistics a more visible identity as THE place to get good data and answers on processing and other associated topics. For many users, Meatgistics at it core is about getting answers to questions. This makes me think that people doing on-line searches need to see Meatgistiics come up near the top of their search query lists. How is the search engine optimization project going?
  • Team Blue Admin Walton's Employee Power User

processhead #2 is on the back burner for sure while we swap websites. For #1 we are looking at doing some different advertising than we have in the past. Well, we have never really paid for any advertisement of Meatgistics aside from adding some pages to Walton’s catalog this year.

@DennyO Making that type of change isn’t something we will be able to do as we have to remember that even though Retail is growing and makes up for the majority of website orders, we have commercial customers who are looking for products based on what they are making, not looking for ideas on what to make. I think that the Walton’s Blog on waltons.com will go a long way to helping with that.

Tex_77 That’s not a bad idea at all but we are very low on those stickers. I will bring this idea up to Austin and we can see if we want to reorder the same, or do something different.

• Team Orange Masterbuilt Big Green Egg Dry Cured Sausage Sous Vide Canning Power User

Jonathon I found Walton’s doing an online search looking for processing equipment and seasonings because I was not happy with then my current selection and discovered Meatgistics and the rest of what Walton’s had to offer. I am sure you have a pretty strong idea of who your customers are, both retail and commercial. For the retail side I would look at trying to get the brand out there in print and electronic media. Focusing on the DIY publications and sites, hunting, trapping, fishing, etc… folks. I started down this road with a small hand grinder and stuffer so I could process my own deer, game and create the products I couldn’t find where I was living. There are folks out there looking, just need to get the exposure. I seen many good suggestions and ideas already here so I won’t do a repeat.

• Power User Cast Iron Canning Green Mountain Grill

Jonathon said in Help us grow!:

processhead #2 is on the back burner for sure while we swap websites. For #1 we are looking at doing some different advertising than we have in the past. Well, we have never really paid for any advertisement of Meatgistics aside from adding some pages to Walton’s catalog this year.

@DennyO Making that type of change isn’t something we will be able to do as we have to remember that even though Retail is growing and makes up for the majority of website orders, we have commercial customers who are looking for products based on what they are making, not looking for ideas on what to make. I think that the Walton’s Blog on waltons.com will go a long way to helping with that.

Tex_77 That’s not a bad idea at all but we are very low on those stickers. I will bring this idea up to Austin and we can see if we want to reorder the same, or do something different.

Jon, I wasn’t referring to the Walton’s product web site, I’m referring to the f***m “Meatgistics”.
    “Seriously though, I think the Meatgistics web site has taken me a bit to learn how to find what I’m looking for. The categories I think would be better suited for headings like types of proteins, types of production , IE sausage, fresh, cured, dried or smoked, el I could go on. Beef, Pork, Lamb, Fowl >chicken, turkey, duck, goose, wild game, etc… Then maybe other cured or fresh and other ways. DO you get an idea where I’m going?”

@DennyO Lol thank you, that makes more sense!

FYI we are reaching out to NodeBB to see what we can do about a form to fill out for the User Created Recipes section.

Jonathon What kind of form? Categories?

• Regular Contributors

I initially came to Waltons looking for processing supplies and then signed up for Meatgistics because of a giveaway. I’ll admit the livestreams and processing videos keep me coming back. Your dedication to your customer base has made me rather brand loyal over the past few years.

@DennyO The entire User Recipe section might only be the users initial post. We might be able to allow the creator to allow comments or not but not sure on that yet. We are going to put together a template for people to be able to enter information on and then they will all look the same so the information will be easy to digest.

• Power User Canning Team Orange Regular Contributors Veteran Masterbuilt

Jonathon as every one today is into social media have you looked into a commercial on there for a pop up add , cost/rewards it would possibly get a lot of exposure ?

Jonathon said in Help us grow!:

@DennyO The entire User Recipe section might only be the users initial post. We might be able to allow the creator to allow comments or not but not sure on that yet. We are going to put together a template for people to be able to enter information on and then they will all look the same so the information will be easy to digest.

I hope this is something that I may discuss with you before Walton’s makes a decision.

Suggested Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltons.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today. We have created Meagistics University, where we broke down meat processing into different categories and then broke it down into a class like structure. The introductory classes are 10s, the intermediate are 20s, and advanced are 30s.

About Walton's

Walton's Inc. sells meat processing equipment and supplies, including all of the Seasoning, Equipment, Supplies, Packaging, and Casings needed to make almost any type of sausage. Walton's sells to the commercial customer with a focus on the small to medium-sized processing plants or butcher shops, and directly to the hunter or processor who makes their own product at home. Whether you are a commercial or retail customer of Walton's you will be receiving the exact same seasoning and supplies, we do not have a different "line" for commercial and retail customers so that everyone can make the best sausage or jerky possible!

Community Statistics

Users

Topics