Not clear on where we post various...

• Regular Contributors Cast Iron Sous Vide Canning Team Blue Power User Military Veterans

mrobisr OK, so some of us are a little ADHD🤣

• Team Orange Power User Veteran

GWG8541 said in Not clear on where we post various...:

mrobisr OK, so some of us are a little ADHD🤣

Ya think… LOL

• Regular Contributors Power User

Some sites are picky about what category you post topics. Not so much here, as mentioned there is a lot of overlap. I try to keep most topics in their respective categories but probably post in the wrong place at times.

• Military Veterans Sous Vide Canning Traeger Regular Contributors

Yeah I’m going to have to revisit this.

Austin deleted a long stuffer first use review I made, but I didn’t get any info why, nor a chat response.
    I searched everywhere for all of the standard things that are found on every f***m: a FAQ, a rules post, sticky notes by the admins telling what is allowed the post and behavior, how the various buttons on the pages work Etc. The only thing I could find was one blurb that is exactly repeated for bragging board, equipment, and non-food related:
    “Do you have a fun story or pictures from a great hunting trip, a grill or smoker setup you are really proud of, a recipe to share, or anything else to brag about? Share it here with the rest of the Walton’s Community!”
    And the main blurb for Meatgistics Community says: “A place to talk about whatever you want like Meat Processing, Smoking & Grilling, Hunting, and other Random Topics”.

When I couldn’t find all the normal f***m rules, I posted this thread here. I spent a good bit of time reading to ensure I was “doing it right”, as it seems a great and useful group!

So… are we only allowed to discuss Waltons equipment here? I’ve read hundreds of posts now about other smokers, grills, etc. So I was surprised when 30 min of typing or so to review my first use of a stuffer I bought before I ever heard of Waltons, was deleted without any note why. I typed “c**p” once, but can’t think something in 8 year old kids comic books would be an issue.

Anyways, happy to comply with rules if we are not allowed to do a review of stuff besides Waltons equipment, it’s just not the impression I got from the Meatgistics community descriptions. I first came here from google Meatgistics f***m post links, and only later read it was a Waltons production… they’ve really done a great job here with outstanding effort and online presence, I’m ok with not discussing other equip if thems the rules…
    I just need to be told or pointed to those rules!

• Regular Contributors Power User

Dave in AZ said in Not clear on where we post various...:

So… are we only allowed to discuss Waltons equipment here? I’ve read hundreds of posts now about other smokers, grills, etc. So I was surprised when 30 min of typing or so to review my first use of a stuffer I bought before I ever heard of Waltons, was deleted without any note why. I typed “c**p” once, but can’t think something in 8 year old kids comic books would be an issue.

Anyways, happy to comply with rules if we are not allowed to do a review of stuff besides Waltons equipment, it’s just not the impression I got from the Meatgistics community descriptions. I first came here from google

People post about all kinds of non-Walton’s products here, so not sure what happened to your earlier post.
    There is a annoying bug to the Meatgistics web site software that does not allow posting of some web site links, but that is the only issue I have ever encountered.
    Someone else may chime in with more information.

• Team Blue Power User Traeger Primo Grills PK Grills Canning Sous Vide Community Moderator

Dave in AZ Austin or Jonathon will probably be reaching out to you soon. I know they are busy right now at a convention, so any responses from private messages will be slow for the next day or so.

As far as mentioning other companies, such as LEM, etc. That is fine, such as saying I have LEM grinder, stuffer, etc. Now if you go to post a full fledged review about your grinder/stuffer/mixer etc from another company that probably isn’t allowed, as they don’t won’t other peoples stuff being advertised here. (not saying that is what you did) You also aren’t allowed to link to a competitor’s website, you might have noticed that your link to a competitors website was automatically blocked in one of your early post.

Again be on the lookout in the near future for communication from Jonathon or Austin.

Tex_77 Thx, I expect that’s it,
    it was a review of a competitor 15lb stuffer, no links, one pic with a waltons box in it. Mostly how I had to modify some stainless tubes because it’s an oddball base size. Also how Waltons suction cup feet improved it.
    Intended to save folks hassle and effort on finding and modifying tubes for it.

I can see them not allowing ads or links to competitors, though I’ve read some pretty in depth posts on other smokers. I guess I was under this mistaken impression that this was an open f***m for all things sausage making, and not primarily a company f***m. In retrospect, I see all the mods/admin and instructionals are all from Waltons employees. And just now saw a post indicating this place used to be called Waltons, not Meatgistics. I’ve read thousands of posts at various sausage making open forums, and pretty much thought Meatgistics was the same, but just had a great super involved sponsor. Now I see this is in fact a Waltons Inc site/f***m/group/effort. It’s easy mistake to make if you use Google to search all topics, then follow the google links to a place called “Meatgistics” 😉

I guess if I was Austin and Jonathan and built this whole place, I wouldn’t want competitor products highlited either 😉 They’ve done a TON of work here, and it surely should result in sales for their company.

I will just post in depth product reviews and info at one of the other open forums. In this case I think it would have driven more business to Waltons, as I would have posted two critical design flaws today after using it.
    Which had I known about would have kept me from buying it.

• Regular Contributors Team Grey Sous Vide Canning Dry Cured Sausage Masterbuilt Power User Meat Hack Winner Veteran

Dave in AZ On the other hand they probably wouldn’t mind just pointing out the flaws in a competitors product LOL

• Team Orange Walton's Employee Admin

Dave in AZ
    If people mention other brands, we don’t do anything. Links are explicitly not allowed though and will be automatically removed. Reviews of other brands are not typically allowed. Whether the review is good or bad, we do not allow other commercialized messages. Our big issue there is that we have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on this platform, our other marketing channels, etc. each year, and to let a competing company take advantage of our work, time, and money is not fair. If the message is commercialized in any way, it will probably get removed.

But also, like Tex_77 said, there are a lot of people who own other brands, and that is ok. Those products will get brought up in conversations. Their names and information will make it into this site and the conversations here. There is just a difference between it being included in a conversation and it being the main message of a topic. As soon as the main message is the brand, it has crossed a line into a commercialized territory.

Jonathon and I will see what we can do to make this clearer and more upfront.

Austin thanks very much for your reply Austin, completely understandable. I’ve since browsed a lot more here, and now understand the incredible amount of time and work Walton’s has put in here. It is a great site and knowledge base, and thank you so much to you personally and Walton’s in general for all your efforts!

Suggested Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltons.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today. We have created Meagistics University, where we broke down meat processing into different categories and then broke it down into a class like structure. The introductory classes are 10s, the intermediate are 20s, and advanced are 30s.

About Walton's

Walton's Inc. sells meat processing equipment and supplies, including all of the Seasoning, Equipment, Supplies, Packaging, and Casings needed to make almost any type of sausage. Walton's sells to the commercial customer with a focus on the small to medium-sized processing plants or butcher shops, and directly to the hunter or processor who makes their own product at home. Whether you are a commercial or retail customer of Walton's you will be receiving the exact same seasoning and supplies, we do not have a different "line" for commercial and retail customers so that everyone can make the best sausage or jerky possible!

Community Statistics

Users

Topics