Review of Walton's 12" slicer: good product

• Military Veterans Sous Vide Canning Traeger Regular Contributors Power User Arizona

Sliced a 10 lb pork butt made into 3 chunks of buckboard bacon. Slicer has a full width throw or slicing ability of 8.25 inch, plenty for most all my projects. seemed solid and well built. slice width was stable and well locked in, no variation. slide was smooth, easy to slice. design seemed safe with good hand hilds and guards. 1st time cleaning took me 5 minutes, will be faster in future. I made a spray bottle of StarSan sanitizer used in commercial kitchens and bars, you can spray it on slicer once washed clean and leave it wet to dry for easy sanitizing. I shopped for a used Globe slicer for 5 months, prices were not good value… happy with this one. Would recommend.

Slicer is quite large and heavy, needs permanent counter space. I am not sure if the 12" is the best slicer for home use, and might recommend the 10" if it is built the same just scaled down, as it appears to be in photos. Here is why: with 8.25" full width, I am not sure I gain the ability to slice most pork belly bacon, or brisket/corned beef/pastrami. I wanted the widest slice ability, but would have to trim most of those wide meats to 8.25". It is likely I will just split bacon and brisket in half… I actually like that size bacon slices better, as well as lunch meats. Easier to handle, bag and vacuum seal, and use on sandwiches etc.
    Therefore, the 10" slicer probably does all you need, in a lighter weight and smaller counter space, easier to move and store.

I am completely satisfied with the 12", just put those notes on 10" to make the review more useful for folks on the fence.

• Team Blue Masterbuilt Canning Kamado Joes Regular Contributors Power User Sous Vide Oklahoma

Dave in AZ great review. Thanks for sharing 👍

• Regular Contributors Power User

Dave in AZ Thanks for the review.
    5 minute clean up? Wow. I have never been able to clean my slicer that quickly.

Anothe tip, find some plastic sheeting or a large bag to cover your slicer while it’s not in use so it doesn’t collect dust. Good for all your equipment, actually.

• Team Orange Masterbuilt Sous Vide Team Blue Power User

Dave in AZ thanks for the in depth review.

• Dave: For those longer pieces of meat like whole width slices of bacon, you can bend the belly and tie it. That is how I did it to slice bacon on my Cabela’s 10" slicer.

Suggested Topics

About Meatgistics

Meatgistics is brought to you by Walton's (waltons.com). Meatgistics is a community site, knowledgebase, forum, blog, learning center, and a sharing site. You can find help and ask questions about anything related to meat processing, smoking and grilling meats, plus a whole lot more. Join Austin & Jon from Walton's and sign up for our Meatgistics community today. We have created Meagistics University, where we broke down meat processing into different categories and then broke it down into a class like structure. The introductory classes are 10s, the intermediate are 20s, and advanced are 30s.

About Walton's

Walton's Inc. sells meat processing equipment and supplies, including all of the Seasoning, Equipment, Supplies, Packaging, and Casings needed to make almost any type of sausage. Walton's sells to the commercial customer with a focus on the small to medium-sized processing plants or butcher shops, and directly to the hunter or processor who makes their own product at home. Whether you are a commercial or retail customer of Walton's you will be receiving the exact same seasoning and supplies, we do not have a different "line" for commercial and retail customers so that everyone can make the best sausage or jerky possible!

Community Statistics

Users

Topics