I thought I would share something stupid that my mom and I did tonight. She came out to my house to can some pumpkin, I was finishing up some sausage and cleaning. The pressure cooker was not sealing properly, so we let the little pressure out and took the lid off. The water in the bottom of the caner was gone, so without thinking, mom poured some hot tap water in. 7 of the 10 pint jars exploded causing burns on moms neck and I have burns on my face and arm. We had pumpkin and broken glass every where in our kitchen and dinning room. We are thankful we didn’t get hurt more than we did. My mom has canned for 50 years, and myself 25+ years, we know better than to do that, but didn’t have our mind on task, just trying to get too many things done at one time I guess. So I thought I would share this with you all just as a reminder to stay focused when doing some of the stuff we all do, that sometimes can be dangerous.